Markets for Recovered Materials
Once the materials have been segregated they are recycled and re-used as follows:
- Steel Springs – sold to scrap metal processors.
- Clean wood – re-processed for kindling. We are investigating other possibilities such using as mulch and animal bedding.
- Textiles – used for energy from waste.
We are researching alternative re-use and recycling opportunities for textiles these may include:
- Foam – used for carpet underlay
- Felt – insulation/ boxing bags
- Horse hair – upholstery
- Mixed materials – insulation/ upholstery